I always look forward to see asparagus on the market. Then I know spring is coming. My favourite are those thin, green ones. They are perfect even raw, only with few drop of olive and a pinch of salt…
Who doesn’t love them? Could be a better definition of spring? They are simply delicious, so for the first few times I eat them just raw or blanched. But they go along with so many ingredients, that it would be a shame not to mix them into some dish. Like pizza with asparagus and cherry tomatoes. I made a white base and I seasoned it with dried mint and a blend of spices I brought from Georgia, called Adjika salt (you can replace it with some hot paprika). So simple, fresh and yet, comforting.
Vegan PIZZA with asparagus
3 medium pizzas
Recipe FOR PiZZA dough
400G soy yoghurt
1 tsp olive oil
2-3 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
bunch of thin, green asparagus
300G cherry tomatoes
ADJIKA SALT or other spicy blend
Vegan cheese (OPtional)
- Prepare the dough as in this recipe.
- Crush garlic. Mix the sauce ingredients, season with lemon juice, mint, salt and pepper.
- Coat asparagus in a small amount of olive oil. Cut tomatoes in halves.
- Form the dough, put some sauce, asparagus and tomatoes. Sprinkle with adjika. You can also add some vegan cheese.
- Serve with olive oil, pesto and fresh herbs.