Brownie is a perfect cake for sad, autumn days. Nothing will cheer you up in this rainy time, like a piece of soft, chocolate cake.
You can sit wrapped in warm blanket with a cup of fav tea and enjoy the most delicious brownie ever.
All bad thoughts go away and the rainy, windy weather disappears. Just pure happiness in chocolate form.
This brownie completely dominates my kitchen and apparently my friends minds. They keep asking about recipe or just force me to bake it for the 10th time. There is no cake which can compete with this brownie now, and there is no cake which disappears so quickly.
First one piece, then another and maybe one more.
Sweet, chocolate, delicate, delicious.
Based on the recipe from „Big Vegan”
24 cm springform pan or
23cm square baking dish
1 cup (170g) pitted dates
3/4 cup (180 ml) coconut milk
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour (170g)
1/2 cup cocoa powder (50g)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
55g unsweetened chocolate chopped
1/2 cup (120ml) canola oil
3/4 cup sugar (150g)
1 tsp rice viegar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3tbsp chickpea flour dissolved in 6 tbsp water
1. In a saucepan, bring the dates and 1/4 cup (60ml) water toa boil. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Blend cooked dates and add 1/2 cup (120ml) coconut milk. Blend again until smooth.
3. In the large bowl combine: flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
4. Melt the chocolate with canola oil on the low heat. Add sugar and pureed dates to the melted chocolate. Blend again until smooth.
5. In the small bowl stir together the remaining 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut milk, rice vingar, vanilla extract and chicpea flour dissloved in water. Add it to the chocolate mixture and blend all one again. .
6. Sir chocolate mixture into flour mixture until combined. Coat the baking dish with oil and scrape the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake in 180C for 19-20 minutes. Toothpick inserted 3-4 cm from the side of baking dish comes out dry, but the middle is still undercooked. Let the pan cool on a rack.
Whole cake (16 pieces):
protein: 37 g; fat: 133 g; carbohydrates: 468 g, dietary fibre: 42 g;
iron: 30 mg; calcium: 140 mg; zinc: 9.4mg
protein: 2,3 g; fat: 8,3 g; carbohydrates: 29 g, dietary fibre: 2,6 g;
iron: 1,9 mg; calcium: 8,7 mg; zinc: 0,4 mg